Doctoral students conduct their research at Migal in cooperation with research institutes such as Hebrew University, Agriculture Faculty in Rehovot; Tel Aviv University, the Technion, Haifa University and Tel Hai Academic College.
The following are some of the topics being researched at Migal Laboratories:
- Specific triglyceride is responsible for human carotid atherosclerotic lesion oxidizing capacity
- Dopamine fate and the connection to oxidative stress in the rat brain; implication for Parkinson's disease.
- Breeding site selection and DNA variation according to suitability for amphibian semi-arid zone of northern Israel
- A dual mechanism of NF-κB activation by peroxynitrite through p38 MAP kinase dependent IkBα phosphorylation, versus IkBα nitration in colon cancer cells
- Involvement of Reactive Oxygen Species and Protein Kinase C in Lignin Peroxidase
- Expression in Oxygenated Cultures of the White Rot Fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporium
- Biologically-Active Substances from Culinary-Medicinal Mushroom Coprinus comatus (Higher Basidiomycetes) as Potential Therapeutics for Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer.
- The involvement of RNS in modulating NF-κB and MAP kinases pathways in colon cancer cells
- GH and IGF1 in Acipenser gueldenstaedtii male and female in different stages of growth.
- Pollination and fertilization in apricots (Prunus armeniaca)
- Pollination and fertilization of pears (Prunus armeniaca) in the Israeli orchard
- A study of the physiological and molecular aspects of pear ripening by applying 1-methylcyclopropane (1-MCP) to improve the quality and duration of stored fruit.